Many in their United States have had record high temperatures during the Month of December. Others in the Northwest not so much. As the temperatures in the midsouth drop through mid-January 2022, keep this winter beverage in mind. Its perfect by the fire and recommended by: https://www.delicious.com.au/. Its my Clean and Pink cocktail tip of the week.
- 2 cups (500ml) Amaro Montenegro liqueur
- 4 cloves
- 1 each star anise & cinnamon quill
- 12 prunes, stones removed
- Zest of 1 orange
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat, cover with a lid and bring to just below the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside to infuse for to 2-3 hours, longer if possible.
- Place saucepan back on low heat and warm the infused liquid. Divide the prunes, orange zest and spiced liqueur among small balloon glasses to serve.