Clean and Pink can help you keep your clean and organized. Fall is the perfect season to get your home clean and cozy for winter and the holiday season and complete household chores that may have been neglected during summer vacations. The heat of summer has passed, and the weather is still mild enough to be outdoors to make sure everything is ready for cold weather.
If you follow a check list, it’s time to repeat many of the same tasks. This time, you should start with the outdoor tasks and then move indoors as the weather becomes colder. By doing some extra work now, you’ll be ready to enjoy a snug winter without as many worries.
See the list of areas and items in your home you should clean, repair, or inspect (or all three!) during fall below, and read on for expert tips for tackling each item on your fall cleaning checklist. For more on these and other tips, visit thespruce.com.
Fall Cleaning Checklist
- Clean and store outdoor furniture
- Service and store gardening equipment
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Winterize outdoor pools and water features
- Remove window screens and install storm windows
- Wash exterior and indoor windows
- Complete an outdoor home inspection
- Sweep and inspect chimneys and fireplaces
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Clean or replace HVAC filters
- Clean and reverse ceiling fans
- Deep-clean inside the house (bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchen)
- Store summer clothes and inspect winter wardrobes