Did you know vitamin B12 is often called “the energy vitamin”? Not only is vitamin B12 pivotal in keeping your blood and nerve cells healthy, but it’s also involved in making DNA – meaning it’s literally part of the material that makes up every single cell of your body. So, when you hear health professionals say vitamin B12 is kind of a big deal, we mean it!
- Nutritional Yeast – This is a power house of B12 with ¼ cup providing anywhere from8.3 to 24 mcg per serving. You can add a sprinkle of this to your pasta, popcorn and Sauces to help increase your intake naturally.
- Salmon – Adding Salmon to your diet once a week is an easy choice for increasing your vitamin B12. There are so many added benefits to this yummy fish!
- Lean Ground beef – 85% lean and 15% fan pan-browned 3- ounce portion of ground beef has 2.4 mcg of B12. This is a good pairing with nutrient rich vegetables such as asparagus and carrots, to make a well-rounded meal.
- Cow’s Milk – Cow’s milk has gotten a bad rep lately, but if you do not have food allergies this is a great way to get in sone B12. A one cup serving can give you 54% of what you need a day and has an added benefit of supporting bone and heart health
- Don’t forget the mushrooms – adding this to your salad or as a side can give you a good portion of what you need for the day!
For more information on B12, Click Here.