This creamy noodle casserole was inspired by Taste of Home Magazine. Tried and true, I brought this to a dinner party and it was gone. Not one noodle to spare. This receipt is simple and clean, but one can jazz it up to one’s taste and creativity. Reference https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-noodle-casserole which has amazing tips and receipts that don’t take an hour to prepare. Everyone is busy, and if you work… well it needs to be quick so you can get off your feet and enjoy the evening with family. You can substitute cheese and add mushroom soup, but it will alter the consistency and calories. Additionally, change out the meats. Bacon lovers want bacon in it, sausage is also a favorite. If you are not a fan of meats, add more veggies, and add shaved Ginger and the juice of a large lemon wedge for added flavor.
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (one can also add other cheese)
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook until noodles are tender, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted, and mixture is heated through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring; add broth or milk if necessary.
1 serving: 428 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.