Aluminum foil and baking soda are an effective and inexpensive combination for cleaning dirty jewelry. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Line a small bowl or dish with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Place the jewelry you want to clean on top of the foil.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the jewelry, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- Pour boiling water over the jewelry until it is completely submerged.
- Let the jewelry soak in the solution for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the jewelry from the solution and rinse it thoroughly with water.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or a cloth to gently scrub any remaining dirt or grime.
- Rinse the jewelry again with water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Using this method, your jewelry should be clean and shiny. The aluminum foil works to attract the tarnish and grime from the jewelry, while the baking soda helps to loosen and remove it.