The kitchen is the heart of the home and one of the hardest rooms in the house to keep clean. You’ve got crumbs, smoke, grease, dirt, dust, stains, spills, and splatters to deal with. But there are practical ways to design our kitchens that will make maintaining and cleaning them easier. I have a list of 20 tips. And many of these tips can also work for bathrooms. Let’s get right into it…
- Keep lighting fixtures away from the stove
- Take cabinets all the way to the ceiling.
- Choose an under mount sink.
- Put the trash bin near your sink
- Add additional trash bins wherever you might need them
- Choose a backsplash with minimal or no grout
- Buy easy-clean appliances
- If you can live without a gas cook top, choose an induction option.
- Choose cabinetry with minimal details
- Select maintenance free countertops
- Use durable paint.
- Avoid or minimize open shelves
- Have a strong exhaust hood installed
- Choose flooring that’s not too light and not too dark
- Opt for flush cabinet ends
- Choose easy-to-cleankitchen chairs and kitchen island stools.
- Opt for stained cabinets if you want to see the fewest stains.
- Choose good quality semi gloss painted cabinets.
- Steer clear of high polished hardware and faucets.
- Choose flooring with minimal grooves and crevices.
For pictures to show examples of these tips visit https://www.byhyu.com
At clean and Pink we make it our business to become an expert on surfaces to protect your investment.